Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DIY: Stimulate Your Skin and Senses

Hello fellow interweb friends!

If you remember, about a month, maybe a little less, I shared with you the uses of toners on your face. Well, now, I thought I'd share with you how to make your own toner/facial spray so you can save money as well as use less chemicals on your face!


So, what I did to make my own tea tree oil with rosewater toner spray is I took 10 cap-full to a third of the oil and half of the rosewater bottle. In other words, one bottle or rosewater will give you two bottles of the DIY toner spray. I only used 10 caps of the oil because I didn't want the tea tree oil to be too concentrated, which can cause my skin to dry out. Also, if I really wanted to concentrate the oil onto my skin, I would just use a cotton swab to dab some of the oil directly onto areas on my face that I think needs extra oil attention. 

What are the benefits of tea tree oil you may ask? 
1. it kills bacteria (i.e. helps fight acne)
2. help get rid of dead skin cells 
3. an anti-fungal to help treat eczema, infections, etc.
4. treating dandruff

What are the benefits of rosewater?
1. hydrate skin without leaving it oily
2. high in vitamins A, B3, C, D, E, which can help improve overall skin health
3. resolve skin inflammation and irritation 
4. maintain skin's natural pH to help treat eczema

Now that you know some of the benefits of tea tree oil and rosewater, imagine the synergetic effects that can happen when you combine the two together? For me, I've seen an improvement in my skin and I've been using it for about a month now. I spray it in the morning, after I shower, or just anytime I feel like I want a little spritz to wake my senses as well as my skin up. That's another benefit of this little concoction. Both of these ingredients are great for aromatherapy as well, so when you want to calm your nerves or invigorate your senses, just a few sprays will make you feel like you just walked out of the spa and ready to take on the day!

Until next time,
Uyen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...