Monday, November 4, 2013

High End Quality Hair Mask Minus the Cost

Hello fellow interweb friends!

With the holiday season around the corner, or just life in general, I'm sure we do a lot of things that are harmful towards our hair and stripping all the nutrients necessary to keep it healthy. Unfortunately, sometimes we don't think of using things like coconut oil for our hair but would rather turn to other serums and things that can cost a fortune just to give a little bit of life back into our hair. As great as macadamia oils and moroccan oils and argan oils are for our hair, the cost to get one of those bottles, at its finest form to give the most benefits to our hair, is just ridiculous because no one needs to spend $30-$50 on a bottle of diluted stuff! Instead, we should all be checking out coconut oil that can go for anything from $4-$10 a tub that can last us just as long as any of those expensive stuff. 


So why coconut oil?
The oil, when put into the hair before you shower, actually penetrates the moisture deeper into your hair shaft and when you wash it, the vitamins will still be in the hair, unlike conventional conditioners that would just wash away with the shampoo. Coconut oil works both for dry and oily hair, so that means everyone can use it, just at different amounts. For me, my hair is thin and slightly oily, so I will use about a dime-sized amount from the tip of my hair to around my ears, and it'll be enough. I use it about 2-3 times a week, depending on how lazy I am as well as how bad I treated my hair in other days of the week.

Coconut oil has been a hair treatment for hundreds of years, so this isn't anything new. The only reason I'm bringing it up now is because I don't think anyone should be paying a fortune just to get nice hair when you can get the same effect for about a tenth of the price! When buying coconut oil, just make sure you are buying the extra virgin because that will give you the purest form of the oil and you'll be able to reap all the benefits of it. 

Here, I'm only talking about coconut oil as a hair mask/deep conditioner, but it can be used for your skin as well, facial cleanser, and of course cooking. If you want to check out more, I'll link this Huffington Post article for you to check out!

Until next time,
Uyen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...