Friday, February 28, 2014

Battle of the Lip Balms: Malin+Goetz vs. Kiehl's

Hello fellow interweb friends!

As you all may already know, I am quite the lip product freak, especially when it comes to lip balm. If you don't remember, you can check out my previous posts about what I keep in my bag and you will understand the plethora of lip products that I carry around on a daily basis. Anyways, I thought I'd share with you something new that I've tried recently and that is the Kiehl's #1 Lip Balm in Vanilla and the Malin & Goetz Mojito Lip Balm. Both of these have the same consistency and texture, same kind of packaging, and are priced around the same range, making them very comparable, in my opinion. 


The Kiehl's #1 Lip Balm is usually around $9 and the Malin & Goetz one is around $12. They are definitely along the more luxurious of the lip balms since they are over $4, but their results are definitely worth the price tag. Between two though, I do think the formulation and consistency of the Malin & Goetz one is better. Both have that oil, jelly consistency, but the Malin & Goetz one definitely feels a lot smoother and less oily on the lips. When I apply the Kiehl's one, I feel like I have oil dripping from my lips, and that is definitely not cute and does not feel fun either. The only bad thing is that the Malin & Goetz one is not as available as the Kiehl's lip balm, but that's only because Malin & Goetz is mainly east coast based. It is definitely worth ordering online if you really want to try it. 

Now you're probably wondering why you should even spend more than $4 on a lip balm. Trust me, the same question's been through my head and my answer was, I don't feel like I constantly have to reapply! Even though it is more expensive, these lip balms do last longer. Sometimes, with the cheaper lip balms, I notice that it constantly makes me feel like I need to reapply because of that drying feeling it gives once it settles. These ones, yes they are double or even triple the price, but I don't feel like I'm wasting product whenever I put some on my lips!


I was lucky enough to get the Malin & Goetz one free in my Ipsy bag last month, but I am definitely open to ordering another tube for future use once I do run out. 

Until next time,
Uyen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...