Monday, February 3, 2014

Q&A a Day #2: Lesson Learned

Hello fellow interweb friends!

For this Q&A-a-Day post, being that it's right after Tet/Lunar's New Year/Chinese New Year (whatever you may call it), I wanted to share something that is a bit more self-reflecting. It will be a combination of two questions since I did miss a question last week. 

The first question is: 
"What makes 'you' you?"
My response to that, word for word, is my out-going and very trusting personality, with a touch of vibrant language and clothing choices. Of course I had to add the last bit in there because if you can't tell, I love anything vibrant and alive. As for the first part, with a bit more seriousness, I do believe I have a very trusting personality, too trusting to a fault. My policy for myself is that everyone deserves to be trusted, unless proven otherwise. No one should be questioned by their first impression since it is just not fair to them.

With that said, it brings me to the next question,
"On a scale of one to ten, how sad are you? Why?"
To this, I responded I'm about a 6.5, with 10 being the saddest that I can be. It has been a while since I've felt so betrayed and taken advantage of. Based on the last question, I gave my trust to a friend, who ended up taken advantage of that and ultimately really hurt my feelings. I won't say that it's just this person's fault since it is also partially mine for not question them one bit. However, it makes me sad that someone I trust can just pull the rug right under me like that. With that said, I definitely have a tougher guard against people now, which, to me, is unfortunate because I believe we should give people the benefit of the doubt and give them some trust.

Moral of the story is, I have learned my lesson and know that I will definitely not trust people as easily as I used to. That may be hard for me to get used to since I can be way too optimistic and may not be able to keep  my trust-o-meter in check. Hopefully, my trust won't be taken advantage of again and maybe my trust in humanity may be proven right again one day, but for now, I can honestly say I will be a bit more hesitant when it comes to giving out my trust, even if the person may seem like the most up-right person I'll ever meet.

Until next time,
Uyen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...