Friday, January 10, 2014

Q&A a Day #1

Hello fellow interweb friends!

One of my favorite presents I received this past Christmas is a gift card to Barnes & Noble. As much as I hate reading at times, since most of the things I have to read are textbooks and school related stuff, I still enjoy a nice trip to the bookstore and browse about to pick out something for myself. Besides actual reading books that I will share with you on another day, I got myself a few journals, not like diary journals but more like a self-exploratory-discovery kind of thing. The first one is just a regular, ruled journal and the other one is the Q&A a Day that has 365 questions for the next five years. 

When I saw the Q&A a Day journal, I was quite intrigued. It was in the self-development section and there were a ton of different kinds, from dieting to appreciation journals, but I chose this one because I felt like it was more all-inclusive of everything that can happen in life. There are both serious and fun questions in here that helps me reflect what's happened in the day and about myself. The cool part is that I will be answering a question a day for the next five years, which will be interesting. I cannot wait to go look at my answers from this year once next year hits and so on and so forth. It will definitely be a growing experience for myself because a lot can happen in  a year, not to mention there will also be something different each day. 


So with this journal, I thought I'd pick out my most favorite question from the week and share it with you guys. For this week, my favorite question was from 3 days ago on January 7. The question is:
You are lucky; how so or not so?
To that, my response was I am very lucky to have an amazingly supportive group of people in my life, from my family to my friends, both those who I've recently gotten close to all the way to those I've known for years. 

Last year in 2013, I had to face some things that weren't all that great and it showed me who will always be consistent in my life versus those who are not. It sucks that sometimes we let things slide and not appreciate those we have around us as much as we should, but with this question, it has helped me realize that though I may not have a lot of people in my life, I have a small group of people that I know I can always rely on. As crazy as it sounds, in a way, my blog is one of those consistent people because you guys are always here to read my posts and let me express how I feel, and to that I am super grateful. Whether you are someone who I interact with on a daily basis or not, it is always nice to know that you are there to share my experiences with.

We can go through this journal together and reflect on it in the near future. I'd love to hear your responses to the questions as well just as a way to get to know you guys better. 

Until next time,
Uyen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...