Thursday, June 20, 2013

Vietnam Motherland: Day 1

Hello fellow interweb friends!

First off, I'd like to apologize for being such a sucky blogger lately, no excuses whatsoever, but now, I'm going to be a lot better at it! So if you're my friends, then you already know that I'm currently in Vietnam, and for those who know me through my blog, well, my family and I are vacationing in Vietnam right now to visit our family there! I will be there for about 4 weeks, which means, I will be posting loads and loads of beautiful/wonderful things that I experience during my trip here! I will be living in Nha Trang, which is a beautiful beach city along the coast of lower southern Vietnam and will end my trip in Saigon. 

Let's just start by telling you that the flight from LAX to Taipei was about 13.5 hours and then we had a 3 hour layover in Taipei. Then, the flight from Taipei to Saigon is about 3 hours. After we land in Saigon, we waited for about another 4 hours until we take a train to Nha Trang, which is going to be about 8 hours. So pretty much, I will be spending over 24 hours on some sort of transportation system, which is ridiculous, but to think, I will be vacationing with my family for an entire month definitely makes it not so bad!
Of course, I won't end this first Vietnam blog with just a bunch of hours and times I spend on planes, trains, and what not! So we must do a little airport outfit of the day/traveling attire! Since I knew my flight will be so flippen long and there's more sitting to do after, I decided to rock these floral leggings I got from Urban Outfitters a few weeks ago for only $5!!! And then, the top I wore is super flowy just to keep everything flowing and comfy. Let me tell you, everyone around me on the plane was complaining about how uncomfy they were, and I just sat back, relaxed, and watch all sorts of movies! And of course, being the typical southern California girl that I am, I rocked my Rainbows with everything I wore! Now, I know I probably should have worn some kind of tennis shoes or whatever, but that's fine, I was just sitting for hours on end, so flip flops are perfect! So pretty much, the moral of the story is to be super comfy but still looking good when you go on the plane!
And here, my brother and I were waiting to get our luggage, and let me tell you, that was a feat in itself because there was like a bajillion different kinds of boxes and other shenanigans! Thank goodness for my comfy clothes, or else getting the luggage would have been miserable too since I had to run around the conveyor belt thing to find our stuff!

That's all for now, 
With love,
Uyen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...