Friday, September 6, 2013

Liebster Award!

Hello fellow interweb friends!

Today, an old co-worker of mine, Megan, gave me the most unexpected and exciting news that I've gotten in a long time and that is she has nominated my blog, this blog, for the The Liebster award! It is  an honor that gets passed among fellow bloggers, who nominate other small blogs with less than 200 followers. 
Liebster: German for beloved, dearest.
Before I get on with explaining to you about the nominations, I'd like to share with you Megan's blog where she talks about hobbies she's gotten into as a graduate student as well as her adventures planning her wedding. I honestly did not know she blogs until she told me about the nomination and linked me to her blog, which I find to be very fun and quirky to read. And with that said, please check out Megan's blog!
Megan from Grad Student Needs Hobby
The rules for the nominations are as follows: 
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
3. You must pick 11 bloggers, each with under 200 followers, to be nominated.
4. You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.

Before I link 11 other bloggers for the award, I think I will answer some of Megan's questions first!

1. How long have you been blogging?
My blog is is actually still very young. It will be 5 months old coming up on September 16, so I guess I can say that I've been blogging for about 5 months now. 
2. What are your favorite posts to write?
My favorite posts are usually food or fashion related, especially bargained fashion pieces that I find every once in a while. For me, between my foods and my fashion choices, I have a lot to say and share just because I enjoy those two very much. Both of those types of blog posts represent my personality very well, so I feel like not only am I sharing something with my readers, who I prefer to think of as my interweb friends, but am also letting them get to know me as a person through the way to write. 
3. Other than blogging, what is your favorite hobby?
Besides my blog, I like to make random YouTube videos that I also share in my blogs. A recent hobby that I picked up is going to the gym with my friends. As for times when I'm not blogging or working out, I like to find new music to listen to. 
4. How many blogs do you follow?
I think I only follow a total of less than 10 blogs? I'm not a huge blog reader; the only reason I started my blog was to use it as a distraction from darker days that I went through this past year, but now, I am in love with it and it is like my interweb baby!
5. Finish the sentence: My weakness is...
FRENCH FRIES!
6. What is your favorite book?
My all-time favorite book has to be Jane Eyre! I am a weak link for a good love story!
7. How would you rate your cooking skill?
My cooking skill is zero to non-existent! I mean I can manage to survive from day to day, but I don't think I'm that confident in my cooking to want to feed people. 
8. What is your favorite social media site?
My favorite media site is probably YouTube because it is a mix of everything I love. I can explore anything from fashion to food to music in a very interactive way by watching other people's videos.
9. If you could make a living doing anything, what would it be?
If I could make a living off of just eating food and talking about food, then I would totally do it! There is something about eating that just makes me super happy, especially when the food tastes good and also have amazing arrangement because I think the prettier the food layout is, the better the taste will be, even if it is not as good.
10. Name your top 5 favorite music artists.
This one is very hard! Right now, I'm in love with Bastille, Jess Penner, Empire of the Sun, Luke Bryan, and Lana Del Rey. I have a very wide variety in my taste for music, as you can tell, so for me to pick only 5 favorites, it is very hard because I feel like I look to a certain artist when I feel a certain way. With that being said though, these five are probably my go-to artists to make me feel happy and wonderful.
11. What are your dreams/aspirations for your blog?
Dreams and aspirations for my blog...probably to share it with as many people as possible! I would love to start interacting more with my interweb friends just so we can pick each other's minds and share things with one another. I feel like some of us can break out of our shells better behind a screen, which will allow us to learn more from one another.

Here are the blogs that I'd like to nominate:
Domesticated Working Woman - Lindsay Gaines
We Do Fun Here - Jenn K
I Can Cook That - Kaitlin
Simply Chels - Chelsea Michelson
Girl In Betsey - Krystin Tysire
Colors of Honey - Kirby Margaret
Skinny Student - Marie Harper
Mommiez on a Mission - Nicole Howell

And my questions for the nominees are...
1. What made you want to start a blog?
2. What is the story behind your blog's name?
3. Who/what inspired you to start a blog?
4. What is one random fact about yourself that you've not shared on your blog?
5. What is your favorite blog?
6. What kinds of posts do you enjoy to read/write most?
7. If you can write about anything, what would it be?
8. If you can live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
9. Where do you see your blog 5 years from now?
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
11. What is your most favorite post on your own blog?

Good luck to all the nominees,
Until next time,
Uyen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...